Happy Today!

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Timeline of Computers Past

A history of all the computers I/my family has owned. Quite a melancholy post, this is.
Compaq Presario

My very first computer. I threw him away a long time ago. But I loved him very much, even though my parents hogged him all the time and all I ever did was play games anyway.

Gateway SoloMy first laptop. I still have it, though of course it's a lot crappier than the picture, since it's wrapped in tape and whatnot. It runs XP, though veeerrrryyyy slowly, seeing as it was made for 2000. It is well in its years and serves as decoration to lighten the gloomy mood in my basement.

Dell Latitude
This is still a very good laptop, but I don't have him anymore. He would be very fast at T5800, but my father works with large statistical files that take up way to much disk space, consequently slowing performance. Plus, he never bothered to get antivirus on it. Lazy bum.

Dell Inspiron
I am typing on him this very moment! How it refreshes me so. Of course, it's already slowing after a year of use and it carries the classic power cord issue and has gone through only Vista but I shan't complain, imagine if I were still using the Gateway (which, miraculously, still runs Internet, though very slowly)!

0 comments: