Happy Today!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oh dear.....

I'll admit it, I used to play Farmville. I tried Mafia Wars for a few days. I even sit down for a nice game of hold 'em every once in a while. But this, and I think you will agree, is rather ridiculous.Perhaps you hope, as I do, that this faked or photo shopped or something, and it probably is. But if, however astronomical the odds, this is authentic, then I've just discovered I live in world much more messed up than I thought it was.

However, none can deny that these Facebook games are extremely popular, (apparently) very addictive, and an excellent way for companies to earn money. Which is why Google has quietly invested $100-200 million in Zynga games in preparation for Google games.
So hurrah! For Google! And an excellent investment! Actually, TechCrunch (the source that reported this) believes it's a move to break Facebook media dominance by grabbing the behemoth behind it. Google Me is the supposed upcoming assassin of Facebook, and this act of foul play pretty much shows how serious they are, namely, by hitting the farms.

0 comments: