Happy Today!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flowers

I have always wondered: what is the appeal of flowers? Sure, they are very pretty. And some of them smell good. But why are flowers so popular in society? We seem to have flowers for every occasion, and even the color of the rose itself means something different. I, frankly, do not find flowers so special. In fact, to me, they are rather boring, they serve no practical purpose and die very quickly. I'd rather plant a tree that will last decades as opposed to some flowers that wither shortly after they bloom. Of course, it's rather hard to carry an entire tree to a date. So why aren't we breeding more little trees, like the ones that the Japanese are so fond of? I'm fond of them too, and I think they are much prettier than flowers.

Now, how awesome would it be if someone gave you one of these for Valentine's Day?

0 comments: